SAP HANA REVISION UPGRADE / PATCH UPGRADE
- 1. Check Source Source Version:
- Download the media files from service market place (https://service.sap.com/swdc),Here we downloaded DVDs for HANA version is SPS 12 Database Revision 122.
- Before performing Actual Upgrade please Read all SAP notes and upgrade guide related to your SAP HANA Patch Upgrade.
- Perform Full SAP HANA DATABASE BACKUP :Refer how to Perform SAP HANA DATABASE BACKUP.
5.Stop SAP Application running on SAP HANA DATABASE – STOPSAP
ACTUAL SAP HANA PATCH UPGRADE:
- Automatic Extract from HDBLCM utility.
Execute below command through command line.
./hdblcm –action=extract_components (It will ask Location of downloaded archives files and target location where it’ll uncar those files. )
- Navigate to Installation Media > Run command – ./hdblcmgui (It’ll launch SAP HANA LIFECYCLE MANAGER GUI)
It’ll automatically detect target DVD.
- Select Update Existing System:
- Select Component to upgrade:
- Define Upgrade Properties:
- Review and Confirm:
- Start Execution:
Finally SAP HANA database upgrade is successfully completed.
View Log to check execution log:
Verify Target Version: New HANA DB version is, 1.00.122
Start SAP System.